Programs of Study
Indigenous specific programming
School of Indigenous Relations
- Bachelor of Indigenous Social Work
- Seven Generations Partnership
- Master of Indigenous Relations
Indigenous Studies (Program offered by the University of Sudbury)
- Honours BA
- Minor in Indigenous Studies
- Major in Indigenous Studies
- Minor in Indigenous Healing and Wellness (24 cr)
- Minor in Indigenous Environmental Studies
- Minor in Nishnaabemwin
Courses with Indigenous Content
There are over 100 courses with significant Indigenous content. In addition, there are several minors that can be achieved.
Laurentian University, Indigenous Sharing and Learning Centre
- Indigenous Community Outreach and Liaison Coordinator
- Recruits Indigenous students and assists them with their transition to Laurentian University. Liaises with secondary schools and participates at various events in the community.
- Indigenous Counsellor
- Works closely with Indigenous students to provide personal, academic, and career counselling. Welcomes first year and returning students during orientation activities and feasts. Provides workshops that focus on personal and cultural awareness, growth, and safety. Workshops include ASIST and Mental Health First Aid First Nations training, KAIROS Blanket exercises, the ISLC All-Nighter, Self-Care, Budgeting, Stress Management, Vision Boards, and Bursaries.
- Indigenous Learning Strategist
- Provides students with academic writing supports and strategies that are delivered through workshops and one-on-one meetings. Throughout the academic year offers student writing and assignment check-ins. Offers continued time-management and organization support. Liaises with faculty, staff and other campus supports, as well as online support for distance education students. Organize and deliver S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) academic workshops and Indigenous Student Celebrations in the Spring and Fall.
- Traditional Resource Program Coordinator
- Works within a team that offers sewing and handcraft learning to make ribbon skirts and shirts, appliqué, beadwork, moccasins, feast kits, quilting and much more! Drumming sessions are held weekly to learn at both the big drum and hand-drum. We also invite Elders and Knowledge Carriers in to lead teachings on Indigenous Knowledge and to lead ceremonies that support Laurentian students, staff/faculty, and the community.
- Administrative Assistant
- Elders and Knowledge Keepers